Fake-Real magazine Appendix
Collected news index about:
Culture, Art, Music, Books ... from different places in a different world.

2008/03/07


GREAT EXPECTATIONS




Capricious Collective New York, just released their first issue of SCREEN CAPRICIOUS, which is a dvd of short fine films and videos from eclectic artists, seemingly about Expectations.
The guest editor of this issue is Amy Von Harrington who is a lo-fi video artist and collagist. "Amy comes from the desert and inhabits the sole of twilight".

27 artists predominantly females, all from different cities, have contributed to this project. With a real diversity around the theme of Expectations, the films are sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sometimes weird, experimental, political, romantic,or just like a documentary. This dvd is full of good ideas and energy giving a brief vision of fresh and arty image languages made by various talented artists.



We all have great Expectations ...


"I am like powder, I am like relaxation
I am the snow, I am the snow, I am the snow
I live in a desert
And I let the wind make love to me
I dig in this ocean and i try to fill it with gold
Fill it to the top, fill it to the top, fill it to the top
Do you look for hope in other people's eyes?
Well that may be your worst redemption
Do you feed and clothe yourself?
Well that may be your best defense
I am from the moon, I am from the moon, I am from the moon,
So they say, so they say, so they say
Facing, confronting, branding each other
We were made through one another
Great expectations, great expectations, great expectations"
Cat Power "Great Expectations" Myra Lee, 1996, Smells Like Records


(contributors: Paul Marlow & Matthew Sandager, Lucy Raven, Lilly McElroy, Hedia Maron, Nelson Hallonquist, Paulien Oltheten, Brian Block, Vivian Wong, James DiGiovanna, Bunny Rabbit & Black Cracker, Mae Fatto, Lissa Corona, Lauryn Siegel, K8 Hardy, Kimberly Mullis, Clifford Borress, Dion Labriola, Daniëlle van Ark, Joe Zorilla, MARMAR, Keren Shavit, Kinga Kielczynska, Susanne Winterling, Su Tomeson, Jan Adriaans)

More infos: BECAPRICIOUS.COM
12 Euros / 15 USD